TERRITORIAL MANAGEMENT IN RURAL MUNICIPALITIES LOW IN CARBON EMISSIONS
Science and Technology Institution: Pastures and Forages Research Station Indio Hatuey, ascribed to the University of Matanzas.
Date: October 27 and 28
Place: HOTEL BRISAS DEL CARIBE. VARADERO
Course cost: $ 100.00 CUC
The cost of the course does not include accommodation/food at the hotel
Course professors: Dr. J. Núñez Jover, Dr. L. Vázquez., Dr. D. Pezo
Quantity of academic credits. 1 academic credit (48 h).
Objectives: To develop abilities and new knowledge on the management of rural municipalities for the reconversion of the current production systems, which contribute to low carbon emissions.
System of abilities to be developed:
- Understanding the importance of contextual analysis of the territory and productive entities in the socioeconomic, technological and environmental development on agroecological bases for the reconversion of the current animal husbandry systems.
- Appraising the change of values, approaches and models in the agroecological reconversion of the entities and application of technologies for the system resilience.
Topics to be approached:
Prof. Jorge Núñez Jover
- Challenges of territorial development from local innovation.
- Experiences of local innovation in Cuba.
Prof. Luis Vázquez
- Bases for the agroecological reconversion in productive entities.
- Sustainable management and environmental resilience in Cuban entities.
Prof. Danilo Pezo
- Importance of socioeconomic and environmental management in productive entities.
- Experiences in resilient and low-carbon productive entities.
The 12 on-site hours are organized as follows: four hours in the morning and two in the afternoon. Each professor teaches two hours each day and the second day work is done jointly in the morning and in the afternoon the course is concluded with a tour of Martí municipality.
Dr. Marcos Antonio García Naranjo, Vice-Director Training School.
Telephone: 45571260 ext. 161.
Cell phone: +53-52953636.